Building the Future
2015-2016 Registration is open!
ISA NEWS & EVENTS
ISA ENDS MODEL UN YEAR AT THOMAS EDISON HIGH SCHOOL
On April 24-25, 2015, ISA ended their Model UN year by participating in the conference at Thomas Edison High School. Approximately 300 students from 11 schools participated and for the first time, one of the committees was the League of Arab States, which was conducted in Arabic. For this They also did quite well.
The following students received some type of award or recognition:
OUTSTANDING AWARD (2nd Place):
- Lojain Alshubaly*, who represented the UAE in the League of Arab States;
- Omar Alsuhaibani*, who represented Saudi Arabia, also in the League of Arab States;
HONORABLE AWARD (3rd Place):
- Khadijah Baras*, who represented Lebanon in the League of Arab States;
- Ameena Ayubi and Sarah Osman, who represented Nigeria on The Social and Humanitarian Committee;
- Rama Najib, who represented Qatar on the Disarmament and Security Committee;
- Adam Khan and Bashar Al-Shaar who represented the Russian Federation on the Social and Humanitarian Committee;
VERBAL COMMENDATIONS (4TH Place):
- Mona Al Bizri and Ghaida Al Shogiran*, who represented Croatia in the European Union;
- Mehrun Huda and Muntaha Khan, who represented Austria in the European Union;
- Ghadah Alotaibi, who represented Oman in the League of Arab States;
- Fahd Al Thukair, who represented Saudi Arabia on the Disarmament and Security Committee;
- Bijan Ahmadi and Mehdy Elouassi, who represented the Russian Federation on the Disarmament and Security Committee.
*Were first time attendees
It was a great way to end our year !!
It's that time of year, again! Students are celebrating field and spirit day with activities on the ISA field. As the weather warms up and the year comes to an end, it's time to have fun, play games, and even get wet as students build their teamwork and sportsmanship. With great help from the PE department, the day is always memorable for all grades. Why can't everyday be field day?!
Trip to NIH
On April 21st, the IB DP Biology students took a trip to the National Institutes of Health in Maryland. Take a look at what they learned there!